corner

LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Where should I go to school and what major should I choose?

Last post 05-03-2006, 5:06 PM by CMoney. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-03-2006, 5:06 PM 3329

Where should I go to school and what major should I choose?

As of right now I am finishing up my freshman year of college at the University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire, my intended major is Computer Science. Ever since I was a child I dreamed of becoming a military pilot however my vision went bad. I recently found out that the military will allow laser corrective surgery for pilots and resparked my interest. I have done some research on the topic and have come up with a few different options.

My first but most expensive option would be to transfer to Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, sign up for their ROTC program and major in Aeronautical Science AOC: Military Pilot Specialty and minor in Computer Science or Flight. Completing this major would also get me a pilots license.

Another option (less expensive) would be to go to school at either Ohio State, Purdue, Auburn, or Florida Institute of Technology, all of which have Aeronautics departments with flight schools, and ROTC programs.

My cheapest option would be to stay in Wisconsin and do ROTC through Madison where I would stick with my intended major of Computer Science, and then I would obtain a pilots license on my own at a private flight school.

Basically I dont want to spend the extra money if I dont have to, but if it improves my chances of becoming a military pilot then to me its worth the extra cash. Also at schools listed in the first two options I could still major in computer science and minor in flight or major in Aeronautcial Engineering and minor in flight which could increase my range of job opportunities but I dont know how this would effect my chances of becoming a pilot. Any input on which school/major combination would give me the greatest chances of becoming a military pilot would be greatly appreciated.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us